Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age
The ultimate personal branding masterclass. — Andrew Grill, Global Managing Partner, IBM
Mark Schaefer delivers genuinely great content in a way that is easy to read, understand, and apply. — Matt Hannaford, President, LifeFlip Media
A must-read for any business professional. — Robert Kovach, Director of Leadership, Cisco
An exceptional masterpiece in branding, marketing, and life. — Danielle Rogers, Marketing Manager
If you read one book on how to become recognized in your professional life, then make it be KNOWN. — Jonathan Mills Patrick, President SouthFound Media
I cannot imagine who would not benefit from KNOWN. — Brian Allain, Director of The Frederick Buechner Center, New York
This is book is like your own personal guide to success on the web! — Jayme Soulati, President Soulati Media
A much more realistic, inspirational, and encouraging approach to personal branding than what is presented in other business and self-help books. — Denny McCorkle, Professor – University of Northern Colorado
Where do you want to go next in your life?
Do you want to be positioned to get a better job, acquire more customers, or attract more donations for your charity? Do you want to be regarded as an authority in a way that could lead to a book project or speaking career?
This is your path.
In today’s world, there is a permanent advantage to becoming known in your field. Those who are known get the customers, the better jobs, and invitations to exclusive opportunities. But can anybody become known? In this path-finding book, author Mark Schaefer provides a step-by-step plan followed by the most successful people in diverse careers like banking, education, real estate, construction, fashion, and more. With amazing case studies, dozens of exercises, and inspiring stories, KNOWN is the first book of its kind, the bestselling book on personal branding that provides a path to personal business success in the digital age.
This extraordinary book includes:
- The four-step path defined by research of well-known professionals in many fields including construction, education, marketing, real estate, banking, fashion, and many others
- An explanation on why a “passion” or even expertise aren’t the most important factors in becoming known
- A practical step-by-step guide, including exercises, to help people become known
- An accompanying workbook with bonus material and exercises
- A plan to actually measure the progress of your personal brand journey
- A down-to-earth approach that accounts for the time needed to accomplish the goal to be known
- More than 50 inspirational case studies showing how people overcame enormous obstacles to become known.