Yoga of the Elements
Original title: Le Yoga des éléments
- 2 Seas Represents: World rights excl. French
COFFEE-TABLE BOOK | SPIRITUALITY
The first coffee-table book on yoga for a broad readership
Over 220 illustrations by Ivan Gomez-Montero. Possibility to publish an abridged edition
“I want to develop my personal practice, but I don’t know how!” Florence Dugowson developed this book to help her students with this common issue.
Traditional Indian medicine, Ayurveda, teaches us that we are all made up of the same elements as the Earth: water, fire, air, earth and ether. This book helps us understand the nature of each of these elements inside us, including the roles they play and impacts they have.
A chapter is devoted to each element and includes five types of practices to ensure there is something for everyone:
1. A warm-up
2. A breathing sequence (Pranayama)
3. A dynamic sequence
4. A meditation sequence
5. Guided deep relaxation (Yoga Nidra)
Depending on your health and mood, the season, the climate, and your needs on any given day, you can opt for an earth, water, fire, air or ether practice.
With more than 180 illustrated yoga postures, readers will be able to choose asanas that help them find their inner peace, regardless of their level.
- Over 300 million yogis worldwide.
- Engaging illustrations guide you through varied sequences, nourishing your personal practice.
- A new approach that bridges the gap between two ancestral sister sciences from India: yoga and Ayurveda.
- The book is easy to navigate, making it easy to find what you’re looking for quickly.
- The method will be partially available as an audio recording on the author’s website www.floflow.com
Florence Dugowson teaches yoga at the Rasa Yoga and Elément studios in Paris. She has been an ayurvedic therapist for 25 years and has trained with several masters from different traditions in France, England, India and Sri Lanka. She hosts yoga retreats all over the world.
Ivan Gomez-Montero is a comic book illustrator and story-boarder for movies and cartoons. He is the author of Trois petites histoires de monstres (with Aurélien Morinière, Lionel Chouin and Tarek) – 2009, Cyrill et les ombres du bois cendré (with Tarek) – 2003, and Le Prophète de Tadmor 1 (with Tarek) – 2001.