Buy Then Build: How Acquisition Entrepreneurs Outsmart the Startup Game
- 2 Seas Represents: World Excl English rights.
- Rights sold: Vietnam (WeTransform)
- Over 4,000 copies sold
“Walker is playing it smart. He sees opportunities others don’t.” — Cliff Holekamp, Director of Entrepreneurship, Washington University in St. Louis, and co-founder, Cultivation Capital
“Buy and Build clearly outlines the framework for capturing value through acquisitions.” —Mark Daoust, founder, Quiet Light Brokerage
Entrepreneurs have a problem: startups. Almost all startups either fail or never truly reach a sustainable size. Despite the popularity of entrepreneurship, we haven’t engineered a better way to start. …Until now. What if you could skip the startup phase and generate profitable revenue on day one? In Buy Then Build, acquisition entrepreneur Walker Deibel shows you how to begin with a sustainable, profitable company and grow from there. You’ll learn how to:
- Buy an existing company rather than starting from scratch
- Use ownership as a path to financial independence
- Spend a fraction of the time raising capital
- Find great brokers, generate your own “deal flow,” and see new listings early
- Uncover the best opportunities and biggest risks of any company
- Navigate the acquisition process
- Become a successful acquisition entrepreneur
- And more
Walker Deibel is an entrepreneur and investor who has cofounded three startups and acquired seven companies. He holds an MBA from the Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis, where he received the Declaration of Accomplishment in Entrepreneurship award from the Skandalaris Center of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Walker is a certified advisor and former SEC licensed stock broker.